I tried Ganib online and liked it over all others. It has all the features that any developer/team would need. But all the excitement died and turned into hair-pulling hours after I decided to install on own server for testing. After some hiccups I managed to get it started and show the signup page. But like others have pointed, it does not work after submitting the user information.
I think this issue never got resolved. Maybe people moved to other products after trying hard. I have been working on this for the last 3 days, reinstalled OS downlgraded to centos 6.4 too to rule out CentOS 7 issues, just in case. However the problem remains the same.
INFO: Server startup in 91122 ms
Using stylesheet compilation
=========== checking limit ==========
Class not found exception
Is Valied 1
Error in registration process creation
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: Column 'USER_ID' cannot be null
I tried to make USER_ID an auto_increment one but then the error moved to some other column.
Steps taken to fix the issue:
1. Checked database permissions for the user, localhost and all both tried, all OK
2. Checked ganib database, all OK
3. downloaded and updated mysql-connection-5.34----.jar, no resolution
4. Disabled firewall, disabled Selinx - no resolution
5. Tried different ports (obviously this is not the problem)
6. Tried Ganib5.0, 51. on CentOS 7 via WAR and .tgz, same or other issues.
7. Tried bundled JRE and installed separately. same result.
8. Downloaded .sql file from Sourceforge page just to rule out any sql issues.
Ganib: 5.1 tarbar (had tried WAR and 5.0 tarball earlier, same result)
Database: Mysql 5.1.72
OS: CentOS 6.4 x64
Database source used: ganib/database/ganib.sql
Some other irrelevant anomalies that should not be there:
1. why have space bar in filenames "Start ganib.sh" and "Stop ganib.sh". From this, it makes me feel there could be similar issues inside too.
2. Why do you think everyone will install it on a desktop computer? "Start ganib.sh" tries to start firefox. I am installing on a server so don't have firefox.
Basically, all roads lead to a deadend. This is how an excellent software dies. I would love to make it work and show everyone how good this software is. Please Guide.